How to Install Neuron Themes
There are two ways how you can install Neuron Themes, either via WordPress or via FTP. If you install the theme via WordPress the process will be much simpler, but we have prepared and covered both means of installation in full detail to help you along the process. You can use the video above for better visualization or you can just skim through the steps below and get started with the installation.
Download the Theme
- Go to Theme Forest and login to your account and navigate to Downloads
- Once you locate the Download button, click on it and find the Neuron Theme that you purchased
- After you click on the theme you will be directed to download the files, from your purchase, and here if it's your first time installing the theme, then click on Download all Files, if you have downloaded it at least once then go with the second option Installable WordPress Only.
- If you have downloaded all the files, extract the .zip file into a folder. Name the folder something you can remember because you are going to need it during the installation. If you went with the second option, Installable WordPress Only, this step won't be necessary
Install the Theme via WordPress
- After you have downloaded the files it is time to go back to the WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes
- Once you click on Themes you will have to click on the Add New option
- After you that you are going to find the Upload button right at the top of the page
- Next on click on the Choose File button and find the .zip file you extracted earlier, choose that and upload it and click on Install
- After you click on Install, a wizard will pop up which will simplify the process of installation
- Here you can upload your site's logo, type in the name of your website as well as the tagline. These are optional. Check the tick if you wish to install the Child Theme. Click Continue in the wizard and afterward click Install to proceed
- Your child theme and all the bundled plugin will be installed via this wizard all you need to do is wait for it to be done, which won't take longer than 3-5 minutes
- Being done with the installation process, you will need to activate the theme for it to be the main canvas of your website. Just click on the Activate button right under the theme and start creating your website.
Note: All the bundled plugins will be installed automatically, no need for you to do that, however, you will have to activate them based on your needs, Just go to Plugins > Installed Plugins and click on Activate for each plugin you will be using.