Conditions Tab, Triggers, and Advanced Rules
To set your popup in motion after you have finished your design, you will need to set its rules and conditions. The advanced set of rules provided will allow you to create engaging popups that will rate conversions higher. Gain full control over the popup's display by setting exact rules and conditions. To start displaying either the Conditions Tab, Tiggers, or Advanced Rules, click on the [arrow icon]
How to set the Conditions for your Popup
The Conditions Tab will control where on which page the popup will occur. You can set your popup to be displayed on every page of your website or specify by page, category, or any other taxonomy. Learn more about conditions here.
How to set the Triggers for your Popups
Triggers are the actions the users will take in order for the popup to be displayed. You can set precise timing for your popups to be generated. You can set your popups to appear once the user scrolls down the page, after a certain amount of time, when they intend to leave the page, or when they have been inactive for a long period of time. Switch the handles on for certain triggers to be activated and then set the precise value.
- On Page Load - When this option is switched on then, you can set the time value how long after the page was loaded for the popup to appear.
- On Scroll - Set the value in percentage after the user has scrolled up or down a certain amount of page.
- On Scroll to Element - Here you can type the element's selector that will trigger the popup display when the user scrolls to it. In order for the trigger to function, you must have set a CSS Class or CSS ID to the element from its Advanced Tab.
- On Click - Set the number of clicks the user makes before the popup is displayed.
- After Inactivity - Set the amount of time that the user has been inactive on your page before the popup will be triggered.
- On Page Exit Intent - This will trigger the popup to appear once the users' mouse indicates they will exit the page.
How to set the Advanced Rules for your Popup
Finally, you can also obtain full control over your popup display using the Advanced Rules. From here you can specify the requirements that should be meet for the popup to appear. You can set the popup to appear after the users have viewed a specific number of pages on your website, when they come from a specific URL, or when visiting from specific devices.
- Show after X page views - Set the requirement of how many pages the user visits for the popup to be displayed
- Show after X sessions - Set the number of user sessions before the popup is displayed. Note - a session is considered from the moment a user visits your page until they close the browser.
- Show up to X times - Here you can set the maximum times the popup will be displayed. If you set the On Open option, this will trigger the popup to open as many times as you set the value. If you set the On Close option this will trigger the popup to open until the user has closed it as many times as you set the value.
- When arriving from specific URL - You can assign popups to be displayed after the user arrives on your page from a certain URL. You can either Show or Hide the popup, while the Regex option is for the more advanced query, and it is set for matching URL patterns.
- Show when arriving from - When you enable this option you can set the popup to show when the user arrives from search engines, external or internal links.
- Hide from Logged in Users - You can set your popup to hide for all logged-in users or set custom rules.
- Show on Devices - You can set the popup either to be displayed or not on certain devices like desktop tablets, or mobiles.